Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sample Dreamweaver items

Here are a couple of sample Dreamweaver items and the impression gleaned from making them.

Curse of the Ebon Hand, A Ritual done by the unholy Order of the Ebon Hand to bring about the destruction of it's most hated adversaries. Several elder members of the Ebon Hand form a ritual circle and channel the hatred, pain, and torment of all the souls of their victims. Using a material link, such as hair, blood, or a valued possession, trick the souls into believing the victim of the curse is the origin of their pain and suffering. The combined negative energy of hundreds of souls seek out the victim, and rob them of every bit of energy they have, leaving them a lifeless husk shortly after.
Created by Anathama
[Level 71 equipment]

Attack: 37
Defense: 37
Critical: 5%
Double Strike: 1%





You can get up to 30 att or defense pretty cheaply, for a little over 1 billion, but after that it goes up quick.. I think I have the formula figured out, or at least close. I will post more on this soon.

Your First item is free, each one thereafter costs 3 blood orbs each. I don't think your going to see people walking around with 501 of these items anytime soon.

All of the special powers (Critical Strike, Double strike and Vampiric Strike) all cost blood orbs. CS costs 1 per level, DS costs 2 per level, and VS costs 10 per level.

Please let me know if you have any questions related to this feature.

5 comments:

Lady Dominique said...

Hi there I really admire all the work you put into this guide, thankyou. I have a problem that would be simple for others but for me I just cant figure it out. I am creating my 1st ability and want to use the shadow form pic but cannot work out how to do this. BTW y doesn't ROV have a contact point like all other games?. I really hope you can find it in your heart to help me with this as I am an invalid and don't know anyone else who can help me
Thankyou
Lady Dominique aka Gerardine

Bill Hemphill said...

Sure thing!

Go to the home page and Right Click on the image you want. A small menu will appear. Choose "Save Picture As" .
Place this image in your my pictures folder or somewhere where you can find it. Now you have the image stored. When you create your item, browse to your picture directory, select the shadow form image and upload it to your item.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Anonymous said...

"I don't think your going to see people walking around with 501 of these items anytime soon."

I have seen at least one character(and assume that they all belong to one person or family, check the forums and you might get an idea of who he/she/they are) that had 501 and more of those kinds of items and if it's created the honest way then all I can say is "wow", but I have a feeling that it wasn't...

so now, also following up with Lady Dominique's question, does ROV have a contact to the developers? 'cause I'm pretty sure the developers don't check the forums as much as the other games do and it's unfortunate cause most of the problems that are ruining this game for most people and especially the older players aren't being paid attention to by them (or at least not being acknowledged).

I'm sure you love playing this game and will not for a long time think of leaving, but I think you, of all people should be worried because all your hard work (and I for one am really grateful for it cause your work has helped me out since day one, when I didn't know anything I was doing) would be for naught if people can just cheat their way into the top... instead of reading your articles and becoming a better player through it, they could just cheat by creating items that are unimaginable then blow through the HL and the competition.

I hope this gets to you and grabs your attention. I would also hope to get the attention of the developers because I still have a love for this game even though certain people have made it not as fun as it should/could be. I wouldn't want this to become more out of hand than it is now.

Thanks for listening.

Bill Hemphill said...

I hear you and agree. I've signed the "to the developers" thread on the forums. It does indeed make me sad that this seems to be the way the game is going.

Unfortunately I have no way to contact the developers either. They were kind enough to post this guide to the game, but that's pretty much all the contact I've had and that was done through the dev chat.

It's a sad thing to witness, and I keep hoping that things improve, but we will see.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hello , I have a question about buying your own creations; Once you create an ability and post it where do you go to purchase it again, because it says you can buy it again for 3 blood orbs?